You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
Our Campus consists of the school and the Skotel. The Skotel is the training and study hotel of Hotelschool The Hague. Our first-year students live and study together in the Skotel. Additionally, the Skotel functions as a commercial training hotel, offering a number of rooms to guests from outside the school.
General function description
- Provide instructions in the field of Housekeeping and Front Office. Instructions are given in English;
- Assist students when applying hospitality knowledge and skills in practice;
- Support and assist students in their role as residents of the Skotel;
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, with regard to both administrative and management tasks.
Candidate profile (please add/change bullet points for your role)
- Good communicative and didactic skills;
- Several years of relevant experience in the hospitality industry, preferably international;
- Affinity with education within the hospitality sector;
- Preferably a Bachelor's degree;
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English;
- Experience in supervising students;
- Willing to work irregular hours; there are 2 shifts, 7.00 – 15.30 and 15.00 – 23.30, these shifts rotate over 7 days a week on all days and holidays (except Christmas) and are subject to an irregularity allowance according to the CAO;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.091,78 and € 4.085,57 per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. However for this function a 32-hour workweek is possible. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
Additional information can be provided by Judith van Diepen, Manager Real Life Learning, J.email@example.com
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your English CV and motivation letter. Kindly submit your CV and motivation letter to the attention of Mr. I. Kamphof, Corporate Recruiter.