You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
Our organization’s ambition is ensuring our sustained growth and renewal through continuous professionalisation. The objective of the Human Resources department is to help the organisation anticipate and adapt to future developments. You share this collective responsibility with our team of six ambitious professionals improving our HR portfolio throughout our organization, creating and implementing efficient and effective HR processes and policies which allow our organization to reach it goals. We are currently in the process of implementing a new HR system and will be optimizing, automating and modernizing the majority of the HR procedures and policies.
General function description
As an all-round human resources professional, you provide our education, research and supporting area managers with a pro-active sparring partner role for their team’s development. As Human Resources Advisor you also lead our innovative HR solutions by implementing instruments and developments and contribute actively to improve employee commitment and engagement. You build relationships with your internal and external network of customers and suppliers.
Candidate profile (please add/change bullet points for your role)
- A passion for human resources and the international hospitality industry;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent either from an international or Dutch accredited university;
- At least 7-10 years of relevant work experience either with a multinational company in a similar function;
- HR generalist with experience in organizational development, performance management, strategic personnel planning, succession planning, guidance of illness, leadership and talent development, learning and development, teambuilding;
- A foundational knowledge of Dutch labor law and CLA rulings;
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency both in Dutch and English;
- Able to build constructive working relationships with culturally diverse employees;
- A result-driven, analytically skilled, empathetic, trusted advisor at management and board level.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 10 the labour agreement of Universities of Applied Science (CAO HBO) with a range between € 3.018,49 and € 4.569,56 gross per month, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- An excellent package of fringe benefits;
- Employees with a 40-hour working week are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave annually with retention of salary;
- Excellent opportunities for further personal development;
- Compensation towards your health insurance expenses;
- Option to make use of group discounts for multiple insurances;
- Travel allowances for commuting to and from work;
- A pension plan through ABP;
- Most importantly you would work for an organisation that strives to have a positive impact on society, helping to develop future leaders in the hospitality industry.
We initially offer a one-year contract with a possibility to a permanent contract. The position is situated equally across both our The Hague and Amsterdam campuses.
Hotelschool The Hague works with a 40-hour workweek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible depending on the notice period of the applicant.
The work location for this position can be either our Campus in Amsterdam and/ or Campus The Hague.
Additional information can be provided by Ms C. Kloos, through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An English language proficiency test may be part of the selection procedure. Upon receiving an offer, a certificate of conduct (VOG) is required
- Human Resource Management
- Campus The Hague
Loading application form